Contracts, cost & planning
Our client is looking for a Commercial Lead for a contract position, located in Westhill.
Growth opportunities for the Company are technically and commercially challenging. The Company needs first class Commercial personnel to help maximise value for each asset (Operated and Non Operated).
Please Note: Candidates must be available to start at short notice
- Autonomously deliver on business strategies relating to joint venture asset life cycle activities, from exploration to decommissioning.
- Provide commercial management of asset commercial agreements through management of contracts for joint development and operations, transportation and processing and products sale and disposal.
- Coordination of all the day to day JV activities in order to ensure efficient communication between the Operator and the Partners, to ensure relationships are build and effective.
- Ensure that the company’s obligations under its JOA’s and other Agreements are fulfilled.
- Provide to Partners the information necessary to support decisions and ensure buy-in to their implementation, including decision support documents, work programmes and AFEs.
- Represent the company on joint venture asset Commercial Committees, together with other related committees and work groups.
- Ensure that joint venture work programs and budgets (both Operator and Company) are established, validated and implemented, having been fully evaluated for value delivery and risk management. Manage the processes to progress internal and partner approval of AFE’s and Budgets.
- Maintain and develop relationships with joint venture Partners to ensure maximum influence is exerted within the joint venture and/or to develop alliances with others where appropriate.
- Maintain and develop relationships with Infrastructure providers
- Maintain and develop relationships and act as focal point for Asset interactions with the Oil and Gas Authority (OGA). Inform Government relations department of any interactions with OGA.
- Liaise with other departments to provide information requested by OGA
- Effectively manage partner relations including any conflicts of interest that arise amongst partners during the conduct of Commercial issues
- Actively develop and maintain highly effective and productive relationships with the other Asset Commercial Leads and Strategy and Business to ensure that best practices are followed, and that knowledge and experience are openly shared within the team.
- Maintain a highly visible and high profile role within the company and externally to ensure effective 360-degree communication between all interested parties and that information is channeled to interested parties.
- Identify and promote best safety and environmental practice by joint venture asset Operators consistent with company and industry standards.
- Act as the main point of contact for any third party service requests and ensure that these are managed effectively within the company in compliance with ICOP.
- Participate in setting up new commercial agreements for the asset as required
- Negotiate and complete Proximity Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements as required working closely with the Legal team and Strategy & Business.
- Engage with third parties on capacity requirements as required
- Deliver on asset strategies.
- Establish a representation role within the company and with external 3rd parties.
- Develop and maintain highly effective and productive relationships within the team, with internal contacts and with 3rd parties.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in an appropriate discipline.
- Significant work experience, preferably in an oil and gas role.
- Good working knowledge of UKCS upstream joint venture business practices.
- Ability to represent the Company both internally and externally.
- Highly developed negotiation skills and proven ability to influence and persuade.
- Highly developed planning and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of asset management techniques and associated skills (contracts, finance, economic evaluation, taxation UKCS fiscal regime, business strategy, etc.).
- Good working knowledge of applicable corporate procedures and processes.
- Appreciation of associated subsurface (reservoir engineering, geology and geophysics) and technical skills (development and project engineering; process engineering; well engineering; and oil/gas plant and drilling operations).
- Clear understanding of the interactions and constraints (political, economic, technical, commercial) involved in joint venture/asset development and management.