Contracts, cost & planning
Our Client is looking for a Contracts Advisor for a permanent position, location in Westhill, Aberdeen
As a key member of the Contracts and Compliance team, to assist with the review and negotiation of commercial contracts, in accordance with the company policies and procedures and to provide general contractual and compliance advice to the business. You will also be involved in a variety of commercial/contractual matters supporting the company in its global operations.
Key Accountabilities (includes, but not limited to the following)
- Draft, review, negotiate and provide advice on commercial contracts, Terms and Conditions, NDAs, MOUs, Novations, Frame Agreements and associated POs in accordance with Group Policies and Procedures highlighting key areas of risk and mitigation
- Carry out and interpret compliance diligence searches and advise business
- Proactively support the business in its competitive tendering processes and project activity
- Draft and edit documents for compliance following Group Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the development of Group Policies and Procedures in respect of standard Ts&Cs, commercial risk mitigation processes and tools
- Participate in the delivery of internal training and awareness activities
- Assist in the administration of the group insurance programme as part of the risk mitigation function
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the global commercial contracts database and risk registers
- Liaise with other company functions and management at all levels
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications/ Training Required
- Degree in Law or similar qualification or equivalent work experience
Experience / Knowledge Required
- Proven track record of working within a similar role within an in-house legal and/or commercial contracts and compliance team or legal practice (either as Contracts Advisor, Paralegal, Legal Executive, Legal Assistant or similar)
- Experience of working with international contracts.
- Working knowledge of UK oil and gas industry contractual standards (e.g. LOGIC model contracts).
- Excellent communicator in English both, written and
- Able to demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to resolving problems in a pleasant and articulate manne
- Ability to work in a team within a matrix organization.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skill
- Proficient in Microsoft packages - Word/Excel/PowerPoi