Contracts, cost & planning
Contracts Analyst – Drilling
Our client is looking for a Contracts Analyst for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
- The post holder is responsible for preparation, negotiation, award and monitoring the administration of contracts for works/goods/services in such a manner as to ensure the Company’s best commercial interests are both served and protected, monitoring relevant markets and supporting contractor performance management.
- Organise and control all process based activities relating to onshore/offshore project service contracts in assigned portfolio including strategies, pre-qualifications, tender list development, issues of ITT/CFT, analysis of tenders, contract negotiations and the preparation of contractual documentation.
- Proactively work with the Project Services Manager, Project Managers & relevant stakeholders to build and maintain relationships with contractors / suppliers and monitor their performance by participating in contract performance management activities.
- Liaise closely with the relevant Strategy Manager to locally deploy strategy and comply with governance.
- Actively pursue contracting synergy opportunities for all business requirement.
- Actively contribute to the 3C program by delivery of costs savings without compromising safety or quality.
- Provide proactive and timely advice and support to internal and external stakeholders in all matters relating to Contracts & Procurement, including operating as a ‘Duet’ with the technical counterpart to promote effective contract planning, management and performance.
- Utilise approved standard contract documentation and ensure compliance with standard contracting principles during negotiations.
- Comply with all applicable Contracts & Procurement rules, governance and process.
- Ensure that contractor / supplier selection is carried out in accordance with Company requirements and Compliance Programme and that safety and environmental assessments are part of the selection process.
- Mitigate project risk through pro-active management and negotiation of contractual disputes. Support settlement of claims, in conjunction with senior management and Legal, by proposing strategies and actions and by participating in negotiations.
- Contribute to the process of continuous improvement, including participation in and promotion of Lean initiatives and adoption and sharing of best practice.
- Prepare and Present (where required) CMC and CMC-A presentations.
- Demonstrate personal commitment to the SHE Policy and actively participate in Company safety awareness and initiative schemes.
- Maintain awareness of and ensure compliance with all relevant Statutory and Company SHE standards.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to degree level or similar and/or demonstrate significant ability through experience.
- Ideally hold, or be working towards a relevant professional qualification (CIPS or similar).
- Strong, demonstrable, practical experience in preparation and negotiation of medium to high complexity technical contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross?functionally with other departments in a dynamic business environment.
- Capability to operate with a globally distributed network of colleagues to manage relationships and identify opportunities for synergies.
- Demonstrated experience in sourcing negotiations, supplier management and contract management.
- Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and other stakeholder representatives to influence decisions or ways of working.