Contracts, cost & planning
Our client is looking for a Contracts Engineer for a permanent basis, located in Westhill, Aberdeen.
Responsible for all activities commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals.
- Sound knowledge of and adherence to the Business Management System (BMS) framework and governance
- Demonstrate behaviours and attitude which align to and support the company core values
- To provide support to the Senior Contracts Engineers, Project Manager-Tendering and/or Commercial Manager – Tendering
- Supporting the Operational Leadership Team (OLT) and/or other Management Forums completing specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long term company strategy
- Responsible for all activities commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals
- Liaise with Business Development/ Project Manager-Tendering as required to take receipt of tender documentation
- Review and acknowledge Invitation to Tender (ITT) documentation, distribute to relevant departments and hold internal review meetings as per the tender process
- Liaise with Proposal Coordinator to set up and maintain a tender folder (electronic and hard copy) utilising standard contents list from receipt to execution
- Compile and manage all pre and post tender Client clarifications in relation to the tender submission with the assistance of the Project Manager-Tendering
- Collate, prepare and chair all required internal meetings in accordance with the tendering process
- Collate, review, distribute and manage subcontract ITT’s and negotiate the best commercial value with lowest risk for inclusion in the tender submission including interfacing with other departments to develop scopes
- Compile and manage all pricing documentation and any other associated documentation required in line with the tendering process
- Liaise with other departments to ensure all documentation required is contained within the tender submission
- Highlight any major commercial, contractual or financial risks or issues relating to the tender submission within the Risk and Opportunity Register document and work with the relevant personnel to ensure optimum solution
- Compile and manage all commercial and contractual qualifications for the tender submission and review all technical qualifications
- Assist the Proposals Coordinator with the compilation of the tender document
- Provide all commercial and contractual advice to the management team including historical data to assist with the pricing strategy of the tender
- Attend and participate in Client negotiation meetings as/if required and prepare and distribute minutes accordingly
- Review, execute and distribute all contractual documentation as required including obtaining all necessary approvals in line with the authorisation matrix and Company process
- Assist with facilitating any project bonds, guarantees and insurances required by main contract
- Ad-hoc duties as deemed required by the Senior Contracts Engineer and Project Manager tendering
- Ensure proper handover of all tender documents between from Tendering to Operations project team in the event of Contract Award
- Highlight any major commercial or contractual risks or issues to the relevant Commercial / Project Managers and work with them to ensure optimum solution
- Assist Company with project cost analysis to support improvements in estimating and business improvements in project teams
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfill these.
Health and Safety
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters
- Correctly use work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training or instructions
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health and safety or welfare
- The company requires that all employees participate actively in ALL QHSE activities and promote safe systems and practices as an integrated management approach to business.
- All personnel are required to abide by the Environmental Protection processes in place at the company and to actively participate in REDUCING, REUSING and RECYCLING schemes in place.
- All efforts to reduce emissions of Green House Gases through elimination, substitution, reduction or new / improved technologies must be considered through all activities.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to degree level, preferably with a Law, Business or Quantity Surveying qualification
- Sound knowledge and expertise of commercial and contractual activities associated with preparation, submission and negotiation of tender proposals
- Relevant industry experience working within a Commercial office environment in a Contracts role
- Good interpersonal and influencing skills, sound judgmental skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (written, verbal and listening), with the ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to plan and organise a high and varied workload and deal with changing / conflicting demands and priorities within the focus of the business, working unsupervised, alone or within a team towards a shared goal and to take responsibility for effectiveness of work
- Confidential, sincere and honest, with experience of dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information, and with a high level of professional and personal integrity
- Able to support and interface with people at all levels with a strong customer focus