Deputy Turnaround Manager / Senior TAR Support Engineer
Our client is looking for a Deputy Turnaround Manager / Senior TAR Support Engineer for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
To support and lead the Shutdown Team in the delivery of flawless Turnarounds with the goal of excellence for the company. The Senior TAR Support engineer acts a delegate for the TAR manager for a particular asset, site, area or facility, and has the responsibility for planning, coordinating and execution of high complexity Maintenance Turnaround events to sustain, improve and restore the Technical Integrity and Reliability / Availability. This includes supporting the development of budgets, staffing plans, schedules and durations of all assigned T/A events as well as implementing an overall T/A Safety Planning process for each event. The incumbent works with the work preparer, planners, T/A Coordinators, Project Managers, Field Superintendents, Company Operations and Discipline Engineering focal points to assure safe and effective execution of the agreed Turnaround scopes as per the agreed budget and schedule and in accordance with the best practices and HSSE standards. One of the key priorities is to minimise Turnaround deferment while safeguarding technical integrity.
- Scope of role includes all aspects of TA planning and performance, including strategic planning, shutdown, decom, maintenance, project execution, commissioning, and restart; and lookbacks for learnings and future planning.
- To act at all times in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety and Environment and proactively manage all turnaround activities accordingly. Ensure competence of the company’s / contractor staffs on HSSE requirements.
Integrated Activity Planning
- Participate in the establishment of the long term Integrated TA requirement, Manage the T/A strategy in particular to periodically review the T/A execution strategy and interval, Prepare Driver Sheet for all T/A and manage the T/A preparation and execution process
- Works with TAR manager and senior Operational and functional leaders to ensure that appropriate resources are dedicated to the planning and execution of TA.
- Develop premises for turnaround (with Steering Team), including proposed turnaround duration and cost targets and is Responsible for delivery of the T/A event within approved premises.
- Actively contributes and sponsors the development of the turnaround contracting strategy.
- Incorporates best practices and learnings from previous events
- Ensure all scope is captured : maintenance, local and major capital projects, turnaround projects, and other program work (CUI, FM etc.), and are integrated into a single schedule for execution.
- Develop tghe T/A Milestone schedule including all optimization actions assurance reviews, schedule optimization shops, peer reviews, etc.
- Ensures the Turnaround Milestones are met with high quality deliverables.
- Ensure that all scope is risk assessed against accepted practices and established risk tolerances.
- Ensure that the turnaround schedule is integrated seamlessly with all activities – including shutdown, decontamination, execution, commissioning, and start up.
- Ensures that all operational activities are executed included system level planning, consistent with the “Flawless” concepts.
- Ensures that the turnaround is planned and executed in compliance with safety and environmental standards and regulations.
- Ensures compliance to all appropriate work processes (UI T/A, MOC, ME, etc.)
- Ensure multi-discipline integration and alignment of contractor and OU's organization.
- Ensures optimal control of safety, scope, cost, time and quality including taking corrective measures
- Removes obstacles (alignment, resource constraints, work processes) to ensure successful execution of the turnaround event.
- Ensures that pre-turnaround work is completed on schedule.
- Organizes and facilitates the turnaround event lookback, post investment review, and learning process, and incorporates best practices into future events and shares with broader organization.
- Coaches and mentors’ staff for succession planning
- Turnaround budgets: Formulate and own budgets and approve expenditure for the activities. Coordinate the preparation, monitoring and control of budgets. This includes control of commitments against these budgets.
- Maintains strong relationships with Site Leadership , Project / Engineering, and P/T TA organisation
- Ensures standard application of the TAR AMS work processes.
- Emphasise that “Best Practices” is non-negotiable to his/her team and the entire organisation
- Develop a strategic vision of the potential impact of challenges and to intervene when necessary
- Possess an organisational presence to actively impact the detail from shutdowns in a ‘hands-on’ fashion when proper and necessary
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A degree in an Engineering discipline or Equivalent, with a minimum of (10-15) years’ experience in Maintenance and / or Turnaround management or Senior Operations supervisory role.
- OIM with a proven track record on Turnaround planning and execution with key roles in managing work planning, scheduling and coordinating field execution; experience as a T/A coordinator with accountability for delivering a main TA work involving a variety of technical disciplines is an advantage.
- Has experience with budgeting, contract and procurement management.
- The Senior Turnaround Support Engineer shall have good understanding of a wide range of technical disciplines.