District Sales Representative
In this role, the incumbent will form part of the team that supports one of our key customers’ operations. The role will be mainly based within the company office, but will have regular trips to and days spent within the customer office. The role will have opportunities to develop knowledge in all aspects of Account Management and Production Chemistry.
Business Unit: Sales
Travel Requirements (%): Offshore Visits UK
Reports To: District Manager
The main duties involved in this position will include but will not be limited to;
- Management and interpretation of data generated by offshore chemists, looking to identify and propose resolutions to any issues.
- Assist in preparation / checking of monthly reports for the customer.
- Assist in preparation and delivery of quarterly business reviews.
- Assist in the inventory management / ordering / delivery process in conjunction with onshore teams and offshore chemists.
- Works to resolve any conflicts in a productive and collaborative manner.
- Helps to identify and resolve any issues reported by offshore chemists or customer, works to create and present solution as appropriate.
- Develop understanding of product range in use in order to assist in problem solving.
- Prioritise workload while balancing team needs and managing customer expectations.
- Assists with building and/or developing relationships with customers.
- Actively assisting both company and client to identify and implement any cost management initiatives in order to benefit both parties.
- Always adheres to internal and external safe work practices, policies and procedures.
- Interact with local Sales Team and peers in other areas, labs and support groups to drive customer satisfaction.
- Actively participates in safety culture.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Science Subject.
- Experience using Microsoft based products.
- Able to communicate effectively across multiple levels of an organisation to build and develop successful relationships.
- Excellent work ethic, and promote a positive attitude at all times.
- Valid Offshore Survival Certificate / Medical.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Need to be able to work offshore.