Contracts, cost & planning
- Utilising drawings, specifications and Client information to collect and analyse data in order to estimate the time, money, materials, and labour required to carry out Surface Preparation, Painting and Non Destructive Testing activities.
- Subsequently to compile and present Cost Estimates in the Company’s chosen format. Keep accurate records and maintain a CTR and Job Register.
- Receiving and responding to Client requests for Cost, Time and Resource estimates.
- Utilising information received from the Client and Material suppliers to create Cost, Time and Resource estimates.
- Liaison with clients to request Further Information to allow accurate estimating.
- Applying set norms for Coatings, Hydro Testing and NDT activities to create cost and time estimates.
- Carrying out site surveys in order to determine Coatings, Hydro Testing and NDT requirements for the provision of cost estimates.
- Utilising the Company’s format to compile and present Cost, Time and Resource estimates for provision Coatings, Hydro Testing and NDT activities.
- Upkeep of the Company’s quotes, estimates and jobs registers.
- File and store data including drawings, photos and specifications relating to specific estimates.
- Liaison with Department Managers to agree schedules for work execution.
- Maintaining good relationships with Client representatives.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- An Engineering qualification in Structural or Piping design preferred but not essential
- A qualification in Quantity Surveying preferred but not essential
- A recognised mathematical qualification (A level GCSE minimum)
- Proven track record working in a similar role preferred
- Proven track record in an customer facing role delivering excellent customer service
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft packages Excel and Word
- Experience working in an oil and gas service company
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Good analytical and data collection skills.
- Good understanding of Structural Steel Engineering.
- Ability to accurately interpret Engineering Drawings, Structural & Piping, to identify design requirements and carry out surface area measurements.
- Ability to read and understand a Bill of Materials and accurately calculate surface area measurements from the same.
- Ability to read and understand Coatings specifications and identify appropriate application systems and standards.
- Ability to read and understand Hydro Testing and NDT specifications and identify appropriate application systems and standards.
- An understanding of standard norms tables and how to apply them in the cost estimating process.
- An understanding of Steel Section and Classification Tables.
- An understanding of Pressure Testing process.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Good, clear, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work as team member
- Able to build sound working relationships
- Good IT skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- An understanding of offshore working would be preferable but not essential
- High Integrity and accountability
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong relationship builder
- Self-motivated and results orientated
- Professional and confidential approach