Business Development, Sales & Marketing
Events & Engagement Manager
**To apply for this vacancy please email your CV to Recruitment@Cammachbryant.com detailing the job title in the subject line
We are currently encountering an issue with applications via our website. **
Our client is looking for an Events & Engagement Manager (maternity cover) for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
We’re looking for an experienced events manager to step in and continue to deliver amazing events. The successful candidate will embrace the organisations passion for technology and innovation, delivering an events programme that aligns with our organisational roadmap both internally and externally. With a strong focus on value and delivery, this fast-paced environment is challenging but hugely rewarding.
- Responsible for line management of the events team (staff and contractor), including recruitment, planning resource and ensuring effective cover.
- Develop the strategy and plans / proposals to deliver successful internal and external events.
- Responsible for delivering events on time, within budget and in line with all relevant legal, insurance, H&S.
- Effective relationship management of suppliers, contacts, speakers and other internal and external key contacts.
- Efficient management of all events-related activities, including financial management, delegate administration, facilities preparation, catering and other supplier delivery, hosting, delegate queries and troubleshooting on the day, event close and follow-up activities.
- Day to day facility management of the Innovation Hub.
- Liaising with other team members and key stakeholders to ensure the effective communication, promotion and delivery of the agreed events plan and individual events.
- Maintain a calendar of industry and external events for company awareness and attendance and to ensure best timing for forward planning of events.
- The Events & Engagement Manager will assist the External Relations Manager to plan, manage and deliver the Membership Programme.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Takes full ownership, is proactive and self-motivated.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills – we need you to be comfortable. representing our culture and values.
- Effective management of supplier relationships including achieving best value.
- Excellent customer service.
- Effective management of member relationships and interactions.
- Outstanding eye for detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Able to work on multiple events and workshops at the same time.
- Able to work well under pressure and to be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to work well as part of a team and to use own initiative.
- Flexibility in all things. We’re a small team and often do the unexpected!
- Previous experience of events management including scheduling, planning, budgeting and managing a long-term programme of events.
- Proven experience of continuous improvement in event organisation.
- Relevant university or college qualification
- Some flexibility required due to the nature of the role when events out with company hours are required to be delivered (e.g. in the support breakfast, evening, and / or weekend events.)
- There may be occasional requirement to travel if the company are hosting events away from Aberdeen.