Our Client is looking for Facilities Engineer, on a contract basis, location in Aberdeen
Management and coordination of operational engineering support activities (topsides & subsea) across all operated assets utilising colleagues, other supporting functions, and internal/external service providers as required to ensure asset integrity and reliability is maintained whilst maximizing value to the business.
- Apply appropriate engineering principles, best practice and know-how in the provision of engineering services and professional advice across the operated asset base for both topsides & subsea elements.
- Effective prioritisation of technical problems, evaluation of options and formulation of solutions to achieve required & demonstrable results via a robust, fit for purpose and efficient project management process.
- Provide an engineering interface with operations, service providers, design authorities, engineering/integrity contractors and other stakeholders in the definition, development and execution of operational engineering activities for both topsides and subsea.
- Liaise with peers and stakeholders such as subject specialists and discipline Technical Authorities to deliver an integrated, effective and efficient technical solution.
- Ensure that impact assessments (encompassing both safety & business risks) for operational engineering activities are assessed and that appropriate mitigations are taken for effective Management of Change control. Ensure that correct Job Responsible Engineers (JRE) are appointed to deliver scopes and act as JRE when required. Ensure that the UKBU Technical Change Process is applied consistently.
- Drive forward improvement and optimisation in the UKBU Technical Change Process and associated support systems.
- Act as the first point of contact for review of the workpacks and commissioning statements provided by the engineering contractor or wider team to ensure they are fit for purpose before distribution for TA and offshore approval.
- To deliver the above, the role holder will input and/or manage the input of others across all equipment classes and engineering lifecycle including design, installation, troubleshooting, technical investigation, commissioning, handover and close-out.
- Responsible for the Engineering Management section of UKBU Production Operations Management System (POMS), ensuring the suite of assigned procedures are fit for purpose, implemented correctly and are current within their assigned review cycles.
- The role holder will be the first point of contact for all UKBU Technical Queries (TQ) requiring Facilities Engineering review.
- Facilitate the Technical Change steering committee and gate review meetings and act as the representative of the Facilities Engineering Department, with delegation of authority (DOA) from the Facilities Engineering Manager where required.
- Lead the implementation of the eMOC system for all Operated Assets.
- Oversight and support of operational engineering activities on a number of different assets at different stages of their lifecycle (late-life, decommissioning, full production) with different operating strategies (owned & operated, normally unmanned & operated by others). All will require a different technical and commercial evaluation.
- Ensuring full demonstrable technical migration of assets into the BU’s management and data systems, in particular those from differing heritage & project completion close-out.
- Effective and visible prioritization of operational engineering activities from all assets into a single x-asset view to maintain asset integrity & reliability, whilst maximizing value to the business.
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Responsible for managing the Technical Change budget by providing regular reports and forecasting.
- Role Holder be responsible as Contract Manager for identified contracts (e.g. engineering contractor, EPC contractor, commissioning contractor).
Management Relationships (include direct / indirect reports, external parties)
- Reports to Production Operations Lead, Operated Assets with functional reporting to the Facilities Engineering Manager.
- As a member of a shared service delivery team the role requires reporting progress to the Asset Manager, Offshore Installation Manager (OIM), and Line Manager to inspire and maintain their confidence.
- Engage with UKBU Asset, Technical and non-Technical teams to ensure safe and efficient delivery of projects.
- Liaise with other stakeholders including, service providers, key external contractors and IVB.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Engineering Degree plus relevant operational and project delivery experience.
HNC/HND or equivalent with sufficient accumulated experience in a defined and relevant discipline.
Skills / experience:
- Experience with oil & gas operations (topsides & subsea) and associated equipment classes and corresponding risks from a technical and practical stand-point.
- Experience with operational engineering and project management/project delivery.
- Should be conversant with Brownfield installation modification process(s) in North Sea.
- Sounds appreciation of general maintenance, inspection & repair activities and techniques.
- Familiar with project/developments/operations and typical oil company processes.
- Knowledge (e.g. systems, software, procedures, regulations):
- UK HSE Legislation, in particular offshore regulations
- Recognised technical codes and engineering standards
- Management of Change within an operational environment.
Attributes and behaviours:
- Committed to ensuring risks are identified, assessed and controlled as part of effective project definition and delivery
- Able to effectively work interfaces with other technical disciplines to ensure no gaps in coverage & support provision.
- Pragmatic approach to understanding and managing issues and priorities.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Goal and results orientated and able to deliver results, sometimes under pressure.
- Good communication and influencing skills with a proven coaching ability.
- Confident and strong self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to gain the respect and trust from staff in all disciplines & hierarchies.
- Efficiently implements changes and monitors effectiveness.