Accountancy & Finance
**To apply for this vacancy please email your CV to Recruitment@Cammachbryant.com detailing the job title in the subject line
We are currently encountering an issue with applications via our website. **
Our client is looking for a Finance Manager for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen
The Finance Manager has the overall responsibility to support the CEO to directly oversee the financial reporting, planning and analysis support in strategy and business intelligence and assist in business development.
- Overall responsibility for company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems.
- Production of accurate financial reports to specific deadlines including completion of Annual Financial Statements and Audit.
- Preparation of the company’s annual budget & reforecast.
- Monitor and forecast cash flows.
- Conversant with Matrix reporting
- Lead the costing and submission of R&D tax claims to HMRC.
- Calculation of Tax liabilities for foreign Tenders & Projects.
- Compliance with overseas authorities.
- Compliance & provision of advice on UK statutory taxation areas such as pensions, PAYE & VAT keep management abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Manage 3rd party advisors in coordination with Group Support
- Strategic assessments providing, business development analysis, company performance reporting, utilisation, contract profitability analysis, and company backlog management.
- Decision support analysis to the CEO.
- Input into cost estimate and approval of pricing for proposals and tenders. Including profitability analysis, norms and risks & opportunities identification.
- Personnel Management
- Day-to-day management of the F&A business unit.
- Staff training and career development.
- Performing appraisals of direct reports.
- Managing team performance, retention and employee engagement.
- Ensuring that competency assessments are carried out for all team members annually.
- Responsibility for ensuring maintenance of ERP system for Time Management and Cost Reporting.
- Document Control Department.
- Client & Subcontractor Contract Administration.
- Line Management of Project Controllers & Document Controller.
- Cost Engineering and Financial Management of Projects.
- Maintain Cost Control processes and standards.
- Drive improvements in the month end process, billing process, and engagement of Operations in commercial activities.
- Prepare monthly Project Management Status Report including VOWD and Actual Cost reports, collating input from Project Managers, engineering team, sub-contractors. Performing variance analysis on Budget to Estimate at Completion and highlighting risks and opportunities.
- Support the CEO and SMT in performing market research in order to determine current market conditions and potential opportunities.
- report on factors influencing business performance.
- Along with CEO and Business team analyse competitors and market trends.
- To assist in preparation of tender processes, the submission, price setting and the tender team during the negotiations, in order to win the tender.
- Contribution to pursuit planning for key tenders and assist tender team to successfully win the work.
- Network and provide intelligence on market and competition
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline +
- CIMA qualified with experience (or) ACCA qualified plus experience in projects in the Oil & Gas sector
- Previous experience of operating in an oil and gas services environment or within the engineering / contracting industry
- Experience of managing a multi-disciplined F&A team
- Ability to meet deadlines with completeness and accuracy and prioritize in a fast-paced, dynamically changing environment
- Strong communication skills verbal and written and ability to work and interact with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a continuously evolving environment.
- Ability to work independently
- General knowledge of project management and project administration.
- Handling of project related activities- costs, preparation/compiling, tracking, reporting and corrective measures, profitability and time sheet management Supervising/overseeing/managing day to day Finance and Accounts activities UK statutory requirements- PAYE/Pension, corporation tax, VAT etc Rd/RDEC
- Capturing, reporting management & forecast of order backlog
- Commercially aware
- Ability to see the bigger picture and take actions that improve the bottom line
- Competent with technical software within his/her field (Navision, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Excel spreadsheets, IDC Control.)