Fishing Tool Supervisor
Our client is looking for a Fishing Tool Supervisor for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
- To plan, co-ordinate, control and execute the company’s Fishing & Re-entry systems at the well site in-line with Client Company policies, procedures and systems, Statutory Regulations and good industry practice.
- Responsible for collection of the relevant rig-site data, measure and check all equipment, review all QA documents and third party rig-site equipment to determine that the operations can be safely executed as per the agreed procedure.
- The FRE Field Supervisor is the primary point of contact for the customer at the well site, and the role is measured by the accurate fulfilment of job specific processes before, during and after equipment installation, and the quality of the customer interaction at the well site
- Responsible for recording all job parameters while on the rig-site, allowing a full interpretation of the functionality of the utilized FRE equipment in relation to the well conditions.
- Working on Customer installations both offshore and land based, some international travel.
- Demonstrate, through assessment and internal interactions, full understanding of equipment, systems and functionality, hydraulics and down-hole calculations and make themselves aware of the job reporting process through the Training Plans.
- Liaise with/supervise the on-site rig crew, to ensure correct equipment handling during operations. Supervise own crew where applicable.
- Utilize FRE equipment using proven and established working practises within the remit of Quality and Safety Management Systems.
- Ensure that all possible preparations have taken place, equipment is fit for use and all pre-installation checks / testing have been carried out. Also, to ensure that all documentation and/or certification is relative to equipment.
- Maintain appropriate contact with client customer representative at the well-site and ensure that Onshore Operations are continually updated on current job status. Produce in depth reports of all well site activities prior to and during installation.
- Attend Field Supervisors’ and/or Operations meetings to share and update on recent well-site activities and new equipment/processes/technical information. Also, to be briefed on the company’s business pertaining to operational activities.
- Attend pre-job briefing and debriefing meetings to update on customer requirements and/or parameters and communicate prepared reports to the relevant Operations Co-ordinators and assist in follow-up reporting/processing as required. De-briefs to be completed as soon as is practicable on return to base to minimise effect on ongoing operations.
- Promote a good company name through customer interaction and a professional approach to the job in hand - fostering good relations for continued business.
- Communicate any Non Conformances via the correct QA procedures, gathering all relevant well-site data that will assist in Non-Conformance analysis.
- Where possible and necessary communicate with Operations Service Co-ordinator & Operations Manager any problems that may affect system integrity or lead to loss time or safety incidents at the well-site.
- Provide Company management with 24-hour contact/availability for all operations
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply the company, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as designated in Document 2-2-EW-GB-EDI-00001
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Possess a good level of general education in Mathematics & English Language.
- Must have completed tertiary education in a Technical subject.
- Ideally should have a completed tertiary education in a Technical subject.
Experience / Competence
- Possess relevant experience in FRE offshore operations, and ideally with some “stand-alone” status.
- Must have demonstrated a good knowledge of Rig Systems and Drilling Operations, Well Services Operations and/or Well Completions along with a full understanding of Down-hole Hydraulics and the ability to perform calculations related to the above.
- Must have demonstrated Supervisory and Communication Skills, along with an ability to work in a team environment, as well as an ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Must have demonstrated an ability to effectively utilise dedicated resources.
- Must have demonstrated basic keyboard and/or computer skills
- Possess good, basic supervisory skills, and proven communication skills
- Demonstrate proven ability to participate well in a team environment
- Demonstrate proven ability to work unsupervised and exercise initiative to resolve potential problems.
- Must be able to anticipate customer needs and be a key player in developing relationships.
- Must have a clear customer focus and be able to understand the variety of people and business cultures in different areas of the business and respond to them accordingly.
- Must be able to use the right information and/or systems and/or technology and be able to consistently identify and recommend improvements as appropriate.
- Must have a good commercial awareness.
- Must be a team player with good communication skills, both verbal and written.