Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
HSE Technical Assistant
Our client is looking for a HSE Technical Assistant for a Contract position, located in Westhill.
Based in the Aberdeen office with potential for travel to sites, the jobholder will have an experience of and an interest in Safety, Health & Environment issues. They will need to work closely with the asset HSE team. Cross-functional and independent work across the asset at all levels is a critical success factor for the role. They will be required to work on their own initiative to prioritise a busy workload and produce reports against tight deadlines. Work undertaken is visible throughout the organisation and, therefore, it is also vital the work produced is accurate and timely
The job holder is responsible for providing technical support to the asset HSE team, including collation of asset HSE data and reporting and analysis against HSE KPIs and improvement plans, both internally and externally.
The job holder is responsible for delivering complex reports based on system data maintaining asset dashboards. The job holder is responsible for maintaining the asset HSE Intranet site.
Environmental Specific Support Activities:
- Input and review asset environmental content of Company audit & incident tracking system (Synergi).
- eAccounter specific knowledge, management of asset monthly and annual Enablon indicator reporting.
- Pl@net reporting, inputting asset data utilising the data loading mechanism to HQ reporting systems.
- Monitoiring and timely reporting to BEIS via the EEMS system under the guidance of the Asset Environmental Advisor (I.e, Monthly OPPC, Chemical use and discharge, etc)
- Preparing annual environmental sustainability data report to HQ along with Asset Environmental Advisor
Safety Engineering Specific Support Activities:
- Administration of any reviews undertaken at the asset level, i.e. HAZOP, HAZID, RA etc. This will include issue of draft and final reports and upload and monitoring of actions arising from these reviews.
- Act as scribe to HAZOPs, HAZIDs, ENVIDs Risk Assessment, ORAs, RCA and safety reviews as required ensuring accurate recording of the process under the direction of the meeting chairperson
- Management and issue of controlled copies of all safety cases to agreed distribution including management of safety case related figures
- Provide technical support to the Asset HSE team in relation to the development / submission and internal approval of Safety Cases for the operating asset.
eAccounter Specific Activities:
- Analyst role, including accessing and manipulating data, composing analyses, and publishing the analytics
- Creating and maintaining various dashboard views for the asset
Technical support to the asset HSE team, including:
- Coordinate information for routine asset HSE department reporting.
- Custodian of register relating to regulatory inspections of sites and related inspection letters and company responses (BEIS & HSE).
- Prepares and issues monthly asset level reports (Performance Meeting Report).
- Prepares and issues weekly HSE Asset reports and incident slide packs
- Maintain and update asset HSE intranet site and identify areas for improvement.
- Manage asset HSE documentation to ensure records are retained in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Creation of requisitions / RFS in UNISOL system for the Asset
- Assist in all other Technical Assistant duties as required supporting all functions with HSE.
- Plan and carry out own work activities with little or no supervision
- Make decisions with regard to own workload, identifying solutions to problems and correctly identifying priorities
- Ensure a high standard of accuracy and efficiency at all times
- Identify opportunities for improvements, offering effective solutions and project managing any software changes in a manner that minimises disruption to the business.
- Ensure the integrity of the data and to keep Corporate Memory intact and report any concerns to relevant personnel.
- Adhere to Company policies and procedures, making recommendations for improvement where applicable
- Regular and effective communication across the business at all levels.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Previous experience using Synergi
- Suitable qualification within occupational health and safety preferred
- Experience of incident/accident statistics collection and analysis
- Knowledge of regulatory bodies and external organisations involved with HSE matters
- Strong prioritisation, time management and organisational skills. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Proven experience of working to tight deadlines
- Adept at working on own initiative
- Effective communication skills, approachable manner and experience of cross-departmental working
- Holds or willing to obtain BOSIET and offshore medical