Instrument Engineer – Maintenance
Our Client, based in Aberdeen, is looking for an Instrument Engineer - Maintenance to join their team on a 6 month contract basis, with potential for extension. The role will include providing technical input in ensuring reliability of equipment, within area of responsibility (Instrumentation & Control Equipment), is maintained including input into RAM, Criticality and FMECA studies, within a Team environment.
- Interrogation of existing client maintenance strategies and procedures, Written Schemes of Examination and Standard Texts, and extraction of relevant data for incorporation into new Master maintenance strategies.
- Assist in establishing and updating maintenance strategies including recognition of aging and obsolete equipment.
- Review and approve amendments to Instrumentation & Control equipment operational procedures, including, isolation standards, system and equipment testing, run to failure (RTF) etc.
- Ensure that the condition and operation of instrumentation equipment is in line with overall procedures, regulations, any unit-specific procedures and client Performance Standards.
- Develop common Instrumentation equipment maintenance and inspection strategies and practices, to ensure sharing of best practice across all projects.
- Provide input to Instrumentation equipment studies such as HAZID / HAZOP, SIL and design reviews, to ensure legislative compliance and safety of personnel and equipment.
- Participate in the preparation and evaluation of technical bids and tenders.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years proven experience in oil & gas industry as an Instrument Discipline Engineer.
- Appropriate degree or equivalent technical qualification in related subject e.g. Instrument and Control Engineering or Reliability Engineering (Instrument bias).
- Fully familiar with FMEA (failure mode effects analysis), RCA (root cause analysis), RCM (reliability centred maintenance) and RBI (risk based inspection), IL and LOPA practices.
- Understanding and knowledge of oil and gas international / national codes, standards of practise and legislation including knowledge of international standards.
- Ability to converse comfortably at a technical level with client peer engineers.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer literacy in Microsoft packages and familiarity with software based maintenance systems i.e. SAP, MAXIMO
Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of equipment reliability engineering, commissioning and pre-commissioning.
- Experience of using project management tools to ensure jobs are delivered to client standards.
- Previous experience of training graduate engineers