Quality, Health, Safety & Environment
Lead Operational Safety Advisor
Our client is looking for a Lead Operational Safety Advisor for a contract position, located in Aberdeen
- The sphere of influence of the safety and occupational health function can be considered to cover all staff and contract activities working within the Company at any time. Cross-functional and independent work across the business at all levels is a critical success factor for the role. It is a requirement of the role to assist in ensuring that the necessary competence and expertise is maintained within the function in the areas of Operational Safety and Occupational Health.
- Based in the Aberdeen office, the job-holder has considerable liaison with the operational asset sites and must ensure that a comprehensive support service is provided which takes into account specific operational constraints. The job holder shall be required to use initiative to improve current working practises. The jobholder is expected to travel frequently to site as part of their duties to conduct safety briefings, training, inspections, audits and general communication activities as required.
- Responsible for the maintenance and assurance of Occupational Health and Operational Safety standards, systems, procedures, and tools to ensure regulatory compliance and consistent application across the Assets. Providing consistent and pragmatic Occupational Health and Operational Safety advice across the Assets in line with company rules, regulations and good practice.
- Maintenance and development of Occupational Health and Operational Safety standards, procedures, systems and tools
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the Occupational Health and Operational Safety Compliance monitoring programme
- Development and implementation of Occupational Health and Operational Safety training
- Support workforce engagement, safety rep engagement, and safety culture development programmes
- Support and delivery of World Day For Safety and World Health Day initiatives
- Development, implementation and monitoring of behavioural safety and safety observation programmes
- Analysis of Occupational Health and Operational Safety trends to drive improvements
- Dashboard development for Occupational Health and Operational Safety KPIs
- Engagement with Culzean Asset HSE Teams and Onshore HSE team members to understand and support Occupational Health and Operational Safety requirements
- Project Occupational Health and Operational Safety support
- Support Synergi governance and corporate Occupational Health and Operational Safety reporting requirements
- Provide support on Occupational Health monitoring to Medics
- Maintain a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc.
- Assist in the input of Occupational Health and Safety objectives into the annual HSE improvement plan
- Assist in the input of Occupational Health and Safety audits into the annual TEPUK HSE audit plan through a risk based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends
- Responsible for providing the required support to assets during implementation of safety, occupational health and operational plans and procedures. This support may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation.
- Participate in onshore and offshore health & safety committees
- Conduct accident investigation/root cause analysis
- Assist in ensuring HSE applications are effectively implemented across TEPUK
- Assist in the compilation of SIMOPS dossiers for simultaneous operations between Operations and Construction/Operations and Drilling, Siesmic and Operations
- Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation
- Responsible for attending and providing the input to Contractor Performance review meetings
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of Synergi inputs and ensuring Synergi governance is adhered to
- Assist in communicating information relating to incidents across the business
- Monitor compliance with occupational health and hygiene standards (e.g. accommodation hygiene, potable water management, noise, handling of chemicals/COSHH, ergonomics, radioactive materials, health surveillance, management of hazardous substances e.g. mercury, benzene, etc.).
- Assure occupational health risk assessment files for each operational site are maintained
- Assist in developing health surveillance strategy for Company and Contractors so that records are kept of personnel exposure (e.g. noise, hand arm vibration, nightshift working etc.)
- Responsible for running reports and benchmarking safety and occupational health data to input into improvement plans
- Accountable for the development and issue of Safety and Occupational Health themes and producing lessons learned and REX+
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with legislation, regulatory requirements and Company rules related to HSE
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree educated
- Professional safety/occupational health qualification
- Relevant period of experience within the oil and gas industry
- Capable of influencing the impact of emerging legislation and industry trends
- Fully conversant with current UK onshore and offshore regulatory requirements, sufficient to offer good advice without reference, and be able to offer detailed advice through reference to documentation
- Auditor qualification
- Trained to lead investigations of significant accidents/incidents
- Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical