Contracts, cost & planning
Our client is looking for a Legal Advisor for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
To provide legal advice and support to the UKBU
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide variety of contracts relating to Company’s oil and gas operations in the UKCS
- Providing advice on upstream oil and gas agreements, including licencing, joint operating, oil sales, farm out, proximity and crossing, asset purchases and sales and decommissioning security agreements
- Supporting the Legal Manager, Senior Legal Advisor and Development Projects Manager / team in relation to development projects
- Providing legal advice on compliance and petroleum licencing matters
- Assisting the Legal Manager and Senior Legal Advisor in providing counsel to the business primarily working with Commercial, joint venture, development, asset management (both operated and non-operated) and supply chain teams at all levels
- Interfacing with other oil and gas companies, contracting companies, regulatory authorities and external lawyers
- Keeping updated with legal developments in all relevant areas
- Providing support and working with all departments within the UK Business Unit and liaising with Legal, Finance and Business Development function in Company’s Corporate office in London
- Managing a high volume, multi-project workload and competing deadlines Working with minimal supervision as part of a multi-discipline team
Financial Accountability and Dimensions
- Legal support for the timely conclusion of agreements on favourable terms for the business unit
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Graduate degree qualified education or equivalent
- Professional Qualification
- Qualified to practice as a solicitor in England, Wales or Scotland
Candidate Profile (include Skills & Experience, Attributes, Behaviours) Skills / experience:
- Experience practicing as a lawyer, either in house or law firms
- Solid upstream oil and gas legal experience, including UKCS experience
- Experience in both operated and contractor focused role
- Excellent Industry knowledge
- Able to prioritise and plan multiple activities
- Must have good presence and maturity; be self-motivated with considerable drive and the ability to communicate at all levels, building strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Leadership, communication and interpersonal skills are vitally important.
- A proven team player.