Administration & Support Personnel
Our client is looking for a Logistics Coordinator for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
The main purpose of the position is to arrange for the shipment of all Products locally, nationally and internationally to meet customer and company requirements in line with Company and Client Company policies, procedures and systems, statutory regulations and good industry practices. The Logistics Co-ordinator is primarily focused on ensuring job related material movements are carried out in a timely, professional and competent manner. The role is measured by the accurate fulfilment of Job specific processes
- Co-ordination and booking of logistics for Product Lines for local, national & International shipments, ensuring freight quotes are received in a timely manner and the best quote option is chosen for shipping requirements.
- Create & obtain all shipping documentation including Commercial Invoices, Shippers letter of instruction, Dangerous Goods Notes, Certificates of Origins, Import / Export Entries and any other related documents where required.
- Raising purchase orders on JDE on a weekly basis for all completed shipments, ensuring all invoices are accurate and any discrepancies are communicated to freight forwarders.
- Review all shipping documentation including Commercial Invoices, Shippers letter of instruction, Dangerous Goods Notes, Certificates of Origins, Import / Export Entries and any other related documents. If discrepancies are found take appropriate action to correct.
- Liaise with Product Lines to ensure that Monthly Statutory Reporting Requirements are submitted to Customs Team within the required timeframes.
- Ensure all shipping regulations are met and that all dispatches are performed in conformance with company policy and all regulating bodies.
- To provide general guidance, assistance and advice to Product Lines with regards to Logistics & Trade Compliance issues/queries.
- To ensure a unified filing system is maintained and that all registers are kept up to date.
- Undertake any required training to a satisfactory level of achievement.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must possess a good level of general education
- Good keyboard and computer skills
- Flexibility to suit operational requirements
- Prior working experience of HMRC Procedures and Regulations
- Prior working experience of Logistics Processes and Procedures
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as an ability to work unsupervised
- The initiative to resolve and advise on Logistics & Trade Compliance related issues Experience with an electronic stock system
- Goods keyboard and computer skills
- Flexibility to suit operational requirements.
- Must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of an ERP system.
- Must have a good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Must have excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Must have good communication skills both verbally and written
- The ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritizing workload to meet demands.