Administration & Support Personnel
Manufacturing Services Administrator
Our client is looking for a Manufacturing Services Administrator for a contract position, located in Dyce.
- Accurate data is input and all processes are correctly adhered to.
- Raise Assembly sales order folders as per order and MRP requirements ensuring that all Client QCP requirements have been included and adhered to.
- Raise Manufacture work orders as per MRP in line with the Client QCP requirements.
- Compile RFQ packages for sending to vendors, these will likely contain drawings from Windchill and controlled material and coating specifications.
- Raise, distribute and expedite supplier PO’s as required to support the Manufacturing Services and Manufacturing Region Teams activity.
- Responsible for ensuring PPV is achieved on any purchases made.
- Raise and commit intercompany Sales Orders to manufacture, in line with departmental procedures.
- Participate in and contribute to contract review process.
- Preparation and distribution of weekly / ad hoc Sales Order delivery updates ensuring information is communicated accurately and professionally.
- Ensure all daily, bi-weekly and weekly business data is compiled and distributed.
- Through on the job training and the use of Material Requirements Planning (MRP) system form a good understanding of work order release processes – which will allow day to day use of MRP reports to raise work orders for our machine shops, assembly shops and stores departments.
- The raising of work orders will be controlled in line with processes in relation to document revision by use of the appropriate software package.
- By forming a close working relationship with the Manufacturing Services and Manufacturing Region Teams all released documents will be available at their most recent revision to ensure successful completion of part manufacture, store issue and tool builds in the relevant departments.
- A close working relationship will also be required to be formed with the Quality Assurance department to ensure that all high-profile level 5 orders have the appropriate QA information input on all documentation related to these orders, this will be supported by both Manufacturing Services and Regional Support Teams
- Additionally, a working relationship will be needed with our manufacturing engineers in regard the engineering change process which the business has in place to manage the revision of tools and related documents passing through the business.
- The logging and scanning of all documentation and work orders will be required to ensure that full traceability of the tools is present should the client require or request it at any point in the future.
- Reports to be created to monitor sub contract activity to allow timely processing, this will include but not limited to Sub Contract Dispatch Lists, Sub Contract Hours. These reports maybe run weekly or bi-weekly dependant on machine shop loads. Additionally, reports to be compiled and distributed for all client regions covering their respective order books with our business.
- Administration support to be provided for Variance Reporting from workshops back to Manufacturing Engineers
- Administration support to be provided where necessary in reporting hours via dedicated software systems.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A good level of secondary school education.
- Must be proactive, reactive and can work on own initiative but where required be a strong team player.
- Good organisational and time management skills are essential. Good communication and negotiating skills are required but will be developed.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with fellow colleagues and external vendors are key attributes, demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills under pressure.
- Flexibility in regards duties where applicable to assist in all aspects of the Manufacturing Services and Manufacturing Region Teams.
- A strong working understanding of computer-based Microsoft Elements is required i.e. Excel, Outlook etc. Material Requirements Planning (MRP), JDE and Windchill experience would be advantageous.