Mechanical Development Engineer
Our client requires a Mechanical Development Engineer on a permanent basis, based in Glasgow
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Business Development Support
- The Development Engineer will provide technical support to the company’s Business Development function on a ‘call off’ or ‘as required’ basis.
- Enquiries or requests for clarifications received from the marketplace shall be forwarded to the Development Engineer for review and consideration in the preparation of a response back to existing or potential clients.
- The Development Engineer may also be required to develop, publish and present Technical papers or participate in Client facing presentations to support the company’s efforts to promote its services and secure new projects.
The Development Engineer will provide a continuous support to projects as follows: -
- Contract Review
- Liner Design Report
- Procurement Support
- Pre-Qualification Testing
- Site Engineering Support
- Liner Pull-in and Reversion Management
- Liner Termination and Connectors
- Software Inputs
Research and Development Projects
- The Development Engineer may be assigned responsibility for in house R&D projects or in some instances for a project sponsored by a third-party organisation.
- In certain circumstances, the work may not substantiate being assigned a dedicated Project Manager.
- When this is the case, the Development Engineer will take overall responsibility for the execution of the project scope including budget and schedule management, risk management and reporting
Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality (HSEQ)
- Working in accordance with company HSEQ policies and procedures, the Development Engineer will provide advice and guidance to all departments concerning HSEQ aspects related to the procurement, processing and testing of polymer materials.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
Qualifications and Education
- Mechanical Engineering based degree qualification essential
- Master’s degree level desirable
- Polymer Materials, Engineering, Science or equivalent polymer-based qualification
- Chartered Engineer
- Strong mathematical and analytical capabilities
- Capable of writing and presenting protocols, reports and technical presentations
- Comfortable communicating at all levels
- Proficient in the following IT software packages –
- Excel, Word, Outlook
- Capable of working to schedules and budgets
- Can work on own or as part of a team
- Basic knowledge of polymer materialsis desirable
- Understanding of corrosion process in metallic materials is desirable
- MS Project, CAD Packages (Solidworks, AutoCad, etc,), Finite Element Analysis Packages (Ansys, Abaqus, etc.) is desirable
- Must have previous engineering work-based experience
- Experience of managing small to medium R&D and operational projects
- Work based experience of polymer product design and/ or manufacture is desirable
- Work based experience of polymer pipe design and/ or manufacture is desirable