Our Client, based in Altens, is looking for a Plant Operator on an ongoing contract basis.
- Moving & storing chemicals onsite.
- Operation of decanting processes
- Carry out blending operations
- Counter balance forklift duties.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles and road tankers.
- Labelling and packaging of chemicals to international standards.
- Providing samples for Quality control purposes.
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance to the Client’s and Customer QHSE systems ISO 9001:2000, ISO 14001 & OHSAS18001.
- Responsible for own safety and the safety of other by complying with all company regulations.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to follow quality procedures for activities within the Plant.
- Accurate record and document keeping.
- Ensuring all plant equipment is fit for purpose and available for use at all times.
- Provide on-call cover on a rotational basis.
- Assist with provision of information to ensure material requirement planning is accurate, and to assist administration staff in upkeep of SAP master and info records.
Education, Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Ensure computer literacy in MS Office and SAP.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- A flexible approach to working and ability to work with others to achieve objectives
- Previous experience in a chemical processing or handling environment is desirable.