Our client is looking for a Production Technologist for a 12 month contract position, located in Aberdeen.
- The Production Technologist will have responsibilities for both Well, Reservoir and Facility Management (WRFM) and Hydrocarbon Maturation (HCM) activities in the assigned facility. This includes responsibilities for Operational Well Integrity, applying approved standards, reviewing technical quality of well operating envelopes, identification and delivery of production technology-related business opportunities.
- The main purpose of this role is to safely maximise the inflow and outflow potential of the existing and future well stock, maximise value of the hydrocarbon portfolio by contribution to identification and maturation of business opportunities.
- You will work with discipline colleagues, as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team on these opportunities. At present, there are 21 Production Technologists at all levels of experience and close co-operation with colleagues within Development and with other disciplines will be an essential part of the job.
- Responsible for alignment with PT DEP Compliance on assigned fields.
- Responsible for the implementation of the HSE Critical Activities Document.
- Delivery of quality Production Technology work on the assigned field.
- Focus on efficient, lean delivery, especially on pre-DG3 projects.
- Delivery of quality and compliant operational well integrity work on assigned field.
- Delivery of quality PT work/support for drilling, workover and engineering project operations in assigned field.
- Within the Development Team, Production Technologists report via the Production Technology line (Functional) to the PT Discipline Lead.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- A university degree in Sciences, Petroleum Engineering or equivalent, with relevant Production Technology experience, emerging leadership capability and demonstrated commitment to HSSE.
- Candidate must demonstrate technical and leadership competencies in line with extensive experience.
- Given the need to deliver well designs and production into pre-existing and new production facilities, the incumbent must have the ability to analyse data, assess risks and understand subsurface uncertainties in complex, multi-disciplinary teams. Emerging experience in WRFM, subsea well operations, well design and operations will be an advantage.
- The successful candidate will have excellent inter-personal/team skills and experience working in a multi-discipline and/or multi-cultural matrix organisation. In addition, the candidate should have good networking and business skills.
- Performance focus: commercial mind-set, agility and a focus on delivery/performance.
- Cost leadership: Role model and promote ‘spend it like your own’.
- Integration: willing to lead, integrate across functions and problem solve.
- Innovation / Learning mindset: doing things differently (simplified, efficient worked practices) and/or new technology application
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills: both internally and externally, plus ability to learn from and influence.
As part of the clients' Safety Leadership focus/drive, the incumbent would be expected to visit operational site locations (e.g. vendor sites/rigs & platforms) on occaison during their tenure.