Project Waste Material Coordinator
Our client is looking for a Project Waste Material Coordinator for a 6 month fixed term position, located in Aberdeen.
To co-ordinate and manage all decommissioning material control operations on the project and daily management of waste contractor as required. The ideal candidate will have sound knowledge of and adherence to the Business Management System (BMS) framework and governance and will demonstrate behaviours and attitude which align to and support the company’s core values. They will also be project driven with targets and KPIs.
- Supporting Internal Management Forums completing specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long term company strategy
- Ensure that Material Control activities fully comply with current legislation and safe systems of work as per Decommissioning process
- Manage the interfaces between onshore/offshore project teams & waste disposal contractor and their associated sub-contractors
- Give Logistical and documentary support necessary for the movement of decommissioning materials from the vessel to quayside
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records of materials transactions and logistics activities
- Optimise the offloading and storage utilisation with Waste contractor to minimise vessel time alongside
- Prepare and issue of documentation in accordance with regulations governing the shipment of goods classified by dangerous for shipment by Air or Sea
- Provide QA/QC support to the Project in all aspects of the decommissioning process with reference to waste management and handling
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
Health, Safety and the Environment
- All employees have a duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to:
- Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do
- Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters
- Correctly use work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training or instructions
- Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health and safety or welfare
- Requires that all employees participate actively in ALL QHSE activities and promote safe systems and practices as an integrated management approach to business
- All personnel are required to abide by the Environmental Protection processes in place at the company’s and to actively participate in REDUCING, REUSING and RECYCLING schemes in place. All efforts to reduce emissions of Green House Gases through elimination, substitution, reduction or new / improved technologies must be considered through all activities.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Competence is defined by your ability and willingness to meet all of the responsibilities and accountabilities as stated in this Job Description and the Competency Framework for your role, where applicable.
- Knowledge and Experience of quayside logistics and demobilisations in the Oil & Gas Industry for a wide range of goods & services, particularly within the subsea construction and decommissioning environment
- Competent in the use/shipment of Dangerous Goods
- Experience of completing transfer of waste documentation
- Meticulous attention to detail for data input
- Ability to follow process and procedure and monitor and enforce the compliance of others
- Experience of drafting and completing client reports
- Experience of managing sub-contractors
- Experience of decommissioning legislation & practices
- Experience of NORM handling principals and precautions
- Experience with associated departments, Projects, suppliers and 3rd party Logistics & Transport organisations
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to use own initiative
- Experience of client interface and communication
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build effective working relationships
- Excellent problem solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met
- Experienced and effective in a fast paced, fluid environment and working under pressure
- Possesses thorough understanding of logistics procedures & HMRC legislation
- Relevant experience of providing QA/QC advice in a dynamic project/company environment
- Ability and willingness to travel to various sites within the UK