Contracts, cost & planning
Our client is looking for a Proposal Coordinator for a permanent role, located in North Aberdeenshire.
Reporting to the Technical Proposals Lead, working alongside internal and external Business Development as well as the Commercial team. You will support new business opportunities with commercial analysis, pricing, risk assessment and tender preparation, whilst assist in the delivery and implementation of the client strategy, relationships and reporting.
- Proactively support and participate in meetings as requested and document key points.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation, for example specs, datasheets, reports etc, when required.
- Manage and maintain active AVL status of organisation with key partners.
- Close out of templates content/layout
- Complete information required for population of templates
- Liaise with Drawing Office for rendered images for populating specifications
- Organise files into a user friendly structure
- Maintain internal pricelists of sub-components for budgeting purposes
- Link with IT for any changes to C-Sam/PowerBI reporting
- Management of third party equipment available for Sale/Rental
- Energy Industries Council monitoring/reporting
- Tracking of key projects
- Generating new leads through research of unknown opportunities in each region
- Any ad-hoc investigation for further information relating to projects
- Regular updating of linear winch planner Gantt chart
- Ad-hoc market intelligence and research
- Monitor agreements with key partners and proactively ensure compliance and ensure active status.
- Proactively support proposals team in the analysis and production of the commercial proposals.
- Proactively assist in building and accurate commercial models to support the proposal production process.
- Contribute to critical analysis of review process for proposals to ensure high quality of technical and commercial submissions.
- Proactively monitor and assess market conditions and provide recommendations for potential opportunities and improvements for company in key markets.
- In conjunction with commercial team proactively promote company to external stakeholders and maintain good relationships.
- Provide administrative support to the department when required.
- Carry out work according to Departmental priorities.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
- Monitor major account and contract client activity and where there is identified potential for an increase in business.
- Prepare and maintain relevant data/information in support of business development opportunities and the commercial tendering process.
- Support the proposals team in the production of proposal documents and in preparation of departmental reporting.
- Monitor major account and contract client activity, manage ACL/AVL, provide contractual risk analysis.
- Attend and participate in departmental and project meetings where applicable.
- Proactively support all teams and colleagues with monitoring of departmental budgets, proposals and projects and work to resolve issues.
Compliance of Management Systems
- Check, revise and validate documentation.
- Completion of departmental audits and spot checks as and when required.
- Review and update departmental processes relevant to own role.
- Proactively monitor commercial and contractual risk and work to mitigate and minimise potential impact on organisation.
- Ensure reporting requirements fulfil statutory and company requirements
- Provide support to wider business as necessary. Includes involvement with ad-hoc assignments.
- Ensure electronic & hard copy documentation are stored effectively and concisely.
- Within sphere of work anticipate and resolve any issues and provide solutions on a daily basis.
- Ensure reporting requirements fulfil statutory and company requirements.
- Provide support to wider business as necessary.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree qualified in law or business discipline and/or relevant experience in business or commercial/contracts.
- Ability to provide continuous professional commercial support across all levels of the business as well as with technical stakeholders.
- Demonstrates excellent commercial acumen.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinking and ability to work under pressure.
- Demonstrate a level of knowledge of commercial models, potential risks and industry developments as well as be familiar with support to successful new business tendering.
- Experience of proposals management.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written communication skills.
- Oil and gas industry experience.
- Good IT skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Self-motivated, able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Meticulous attention to detail.