Contracts, cost & planning
Our client is looking for a Proposals Engineer for a permanent position, located in North Aberdeenshire.
To compile and deliver for review technical proposals, including commercial cost (in conjunction with company Cost Accountant) of the project to the company. In line with and compliant to the client tender requirements, company procedures, systems and processes.
Ensuring at all times the company presents a high quality equipment package, that attains client technical requirements at a commercial cost base which is achievable / profitable to / for the company within a competitive market, and can be achieved within the presented lead time.
Where applicable provide technical assistance to Sales Engineers / Managers in client meetings / conference calls, ensuring the company has a full understanding of the client application requirements and equipment expectations.
- To compile for approval technical proposals, technical clarifications and calculation sheets.
- To compile, for approval, commercial costing and commercial quotations to according to technical scope and calc sheets.
- To compile for approval full tender documents with support from key stakeholders.
- To visit clients (when required) to discuss the technical proposals and support sales team at client meetings during negotiation stages as required.
- Carrying out all tasks, duties and responsibilities in accordance with company Sales and Reporting Procedures.
- To receive and act on relevant clients feedback in a timely manner.
- Always promote the company when offsite or in the company of clients, friends and acquaintances.
- To proactively engage with drawing office for support on proposals.
- To proactively engage with engineering for support on proposals.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- M Eng or B Eng required
- Professional qualification Management.
- Time served Engineering Craftsman in Sales or Business
- Proven track record in proposals / sales role
- Engineering or Sales related work experience.
- Full knowledge of International Winch and Deck Machinery markets, products and associated drive and power systems including applications.
- IT literate with Microsoft Package experience.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- International travel experience.
- Experience of C-Sam and CRM Packages desirable.
- Self motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Driven with thorough attention to detail.
- Flexible with a determined and ambitious approach to Sales.