Our Client is looking for an SCM Specialist, on a permanent basis, location in Westhill, Aberdeen
Due to our clients continued growth they are currently recruiting for an SCM Specialist to work in the Offshore Resources organisation. The SCM Specialist performs a key function in the organisation and is responsible for the effective management of all third- party procurement & services. Including but not limited to sourcing, supplier management, procurement of goods & services, expediting, logistics and warehousing.
- Manage the process from identification of suppliers, request for quotations, negotiations, final award of Purchase Orders (PO’s) for equipment, parts, consumables, services and provisions
- In delivering standard SCM activities (pre and post award), ensure (with minimal support) the optimum commercial and contractual position for company is achieved and maintained
- Plan and execute forwarding & expediting strategies to ensure timely arrival of goods services without undue delay/penalty with clearance
- Proactively support and contribute to the continuous improvement of the OR SCM department
- Actively contribute towards the OR SCM annual cost saving targets, challenging supplier costs wherever possible and negotiating the best commercial deal for the company.
- Participate and conduct tasks as required to pre-qualify Suppliers to the Company’s Supplier Management System (SMS) with particular emphasis on the requirement for the purchasing activities
- Complete supplier performance assessments (within the SMS) where necessary for purchasing commitments
- Work with cross-functional teams to engage with vendors on cost improvement and to create better value & performance
- Proactively support internal clients such as vessel teams, ROV, project teams with performance of the assigned SCM activities
- Collaborate with key stakeholders e.g. HSEQ, Contracts, Finance and Engineering to ensure cross functional delivery of SCM activity
- Operate within standardised OR SCM policies, processes and systems and leverage the systems side to support provision of relevant and quality metrics
- Ensure SCM capitalises from lessons learned and SCM activities are performed in consideration of best practice, striving to mitigate risk and consistent promotion of Company core values
- Support and proactively contribute to the effective utilisation of SCM and Company systems e.g. SAP, SMS and SharePoint to effectively deliver SCM activities and promote knowledge sharing
- Assist with any other duties that may be required for successful business delivery
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Operate within the Code of Conduct
- Operate according to company’s Management Principles
- Support standards and procedures for the SCM Function
- Comply to company Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and Corruption Acts.
- For level of authority see ‘Authority Limit Matrix’
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous SCM experience, exposure to buying process, familiar with FRQ/tendering
- Previous Experience of using SAP
- Knowledge of market/industry suppliers and service providers
- Degree qualified, however relevant experience will be considered
BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be flexible, open to changing priorities and reliable
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within company and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are expected to provide leadership in code of Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and Corruption Acts.