Contracts, cost & planning
Senior Contracts Specialist
Our client is looking for a Senior Contracts Specialist for a permanent position, located in Westhill, Aberdeen.
Responsible for leading the management and coordination of all four phases of the Procurement Process including pre-qualification, tendering / evaluation / negotiation, and post award management of all required Projects and Engineering requirements.
- Pre-qualification of the market to evaluate and identify suitable vendors;
- Preparation of tender strategies and Invitation to Tender packages / documentation for one off contracts or Master Services Agreements to assist with meeting requirements of Projects and Engineering Department;
- Leads detailed quantitative and qualitative tender evaluation, direct contractual and commercial negotiation in accordance with contracting principles.
- Liaises with key internal stakeholders to evaluate tenders, obtain contract award approvals and contract execution.
- Develops and presents detailed recommendations to management.
- Process requisitions once approved by budget holders into Call-off / Purchase Orders, applying due diligence to pricing and Terms and Conditions, issue to suppliers, tracking return of signed order and expediting same.
- Negotiates and administers commercial contracts and system generated call-off orders against master service contracts across the business ensuring all call-off orders are linked to and embody the company’s contract terms.
- Responsible for contract risk mitigation and commercial optimisation ensuring best value.
- Provision of post-award administration support including contract amendment and variation administration reporting.
- Responsible for key supplier performance and relationship management including KPI’s and FPAL feedback.
- Development and management of detailed project procurement plans.
- Ensures that the Supply Chain department Procurement Plan is kept up to date on a bi-weekly basis as a minimum or more regularly as may be required.
- Ensures effective cost / budget tracking and CTR management.
- Assists Contracts Lead – Projects and Engineering and Contracts & Procurement Manager as required.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
- Educated to Degree level, preferably in a Business / Commercial or Quantity Surveying related discipline.
- Working towards CIPS accreditation.
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS
- Considerable experience gained in an oil and gas contracts administration role, performing comparable duties in an operator setting.
- Strong experience in contract and commercial negotiations.
- Experience in projects and engineering type contracts / tenders.
- Proven ability to deal with many key suppliers, build relationships and communicate effectively.
- Ability to develop relationships with key internal stakeholders in Projects and Engineering, Legal and Commercial departments.
- Considerable experience of Microsoft office packages: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Extensive experience in an oil and gas contracts administration role.
- Detailed knowledge of LOGIC model contracts.
- Knowledge of Oracle/Maximo or similar ERP or procurement & materials systems.
- Willing to be 'hands on' to manage all types of contracts, large and small.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Confident and assertive.
- Flexible and adaptable to changing environment.
- Strong negotiator.