Senior Development Geologist
Our client is looking for a Senior Development Geologist for a contract position, located in Aberdeen
Working within a multi-disciplinary team across several assets and reporting to the Geology Discipline Lead, the Senior Development Geologist will play a lead role in the identification and implementation of development options for our Northern North Sea assets. The role is wide ranging and will suit someone with experience across the various aspects of development geoscience, including sedimentology, structural geology, reservoir description and characterisation, reservoir modelling, infill well target evaluation, well planning and production well management
- Take a lead role in the identification, justification, and planning of development opportunities in the Northern North Sea fields.
- Work with subsurface and drilling personnel to mature well targets to drill ready status, ensuring the highest quality drilling program is prepared. Support ongoing drilling operations such as MWD/LWD log interpretation & perforation depth selection.
- Work closely with subsurface and production optimisation teams in the identification & evaluation of production adding opportunities. Support operations such as intervention log correlation & perforation depth selection.
- Develop geoscience work plans for the evaluation of the next phase of drilling targets in the Heather and Dons Fields. To include:
- Update current static models to reflect latest views and to incorporate peer/management feedback.
- Support and influence ongoing reservoir simulation studies and history matching by proposing alternative geological solutions and updating static models appropriately. Generate local refinements and alternative model realizations in key target areas.
- Review current understanding of the remaining hydrocarbon distribution in the fields and the feasibility of development.
- Develop remaining hydrocarbon maps and risk maps. Take a lead role in target uncertainty assessment and risk reviews.
- Take an active role in reservoir and management strategy development; provide input to business planning and Field Development Plans to support licence extensions as required.
- Present to management, OGA and joint venture partners;
- Initiate and participate in peer assists and peer reviews. Seek input from others to ensure high technical standards and integration is achieved in subsurface evaluations.
- It is possible that the role will include asset evaluations for Business Development opportunities
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree Qualified in Petroleum Geoscience, preferably MSc or PhD, but BSc will also be considered.
- Good communication and presentation skills and ability to articulate evidence, analysis and conclusions in a clear and concise manner, to experts and non-experts.
- Self motivated team player with ability to work in a small experienced team and lead projects.
- Track record of influencing others to achieve tangible outcomes
- Demonstrable work experience within Petroleum Geoscience, acquired in a variety of North Sea Fields and geological settings.
- Detailed knowledge of production and development geoscience methods with a proven track record of successful projects.
- Significant work experience with geological software applications (Petrel).
- Sound understanding of model building workflows.
- Experience of well planning and operations.
- UK North Sea Operator experience, ideally Brent province.
- Adaptability & agility to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise workload.
- Ability to interpret seismic data to construct structurally and geologically sound geological models.
- Working knowledge of petrophysical interpretation and reservoir engineering techniques would be beneficial, as the position involves work within a multidisciplinary team