Senior Environment Engineer
To apply for this vacancy please email your CV to Recruitment@Cammachbryant.com detailing the job title in the subject line.
We are currently encountering an issue with applications via our website.
Our client is looking for a Senior Environment Engineer for a contract position, located in Westhill
- The job-holder will have considerable liaison with the operational sites within the asset and will work in conjunction with Technical services, other assets and the corporate HSE function, they must ensure that a comprehensive support service is provided which takes into account specific operational constraints. The job holder shall be required to use initiative to improve current working practise within the asset. The jobholder is expected to travel frequently to site as part of their duties to conduct environment briefings, training, inspections, audits and general communication activities as required
- Safe operations of the asset as well as the area of Shared Services allocated to the asset (Projects and Geosciences)
- Prepare and submit to regulator all relevant environmental permits for on and offshore operations including, but not limited to, MAT, SAT, OCR, OPPC, IPPC, OPEP, EUETS, COMAH, CAR Licences and PPC.
- Internal Communications: Field Operations Manager, Maintenance & Inspection Leader, KPI Co-ordinator, CPR Engineers, OIMs / Terminal Manager, RSES, RSES-D, Medics, Safety Representatives & Technical Authorities, Environment Manager
- External Communications: Regulatory Bodies (HSE, BEIS, OPRED, SEPA), Joint Venture Representatives, Key contractors representatives
- Maintain a high awareness of industry and professional best practice through effective networking, professional organisations, journals, etc.
- Provides environmental expertise and advice to Asset Field Operations, Performance & Growth, Geosciences, Wells Construction & Maintenance teams. Responsible for providing support to site based HSE professionals and working with them on common objectives
- Responsible for the input of Environmental objectives into the annual asset HSE improvement plan
- Responsible for the input of Environmental audits into the annual asset audit plan through a risk based assessment looking at areas such as legal compliance and incident trends
- Responsible for input into the annual monitoring plan for the asset
- Responsible for implementation of the work programme for ISO14001 certification, including on and offshore surveillance/re-certification audits within the asset
- Responsible for conducting monitoring activities and audits in accordance with the asset plans
- Responsible for ensuring the Asset Aspects and Impacts Register is kept up to date and for providing the necessary technical input to operations to achieve this
- Responsible for the production of appropriate Level 3 and Level 4 procedures and related training materials for environment. This may require spending a period of time on the operational site during roll-out and implementation
- Responsible for Liaison with Regulatory bodies (BEIS, SEPA, etc.): permitting regime, regulatory inspections. Ensure compliance with country specific environmental legislation and Company Rules in line with continuous improvement principles
- Facilitate accident investigation/root cause analysis
- Accountable for daily, weekly, monthly, bi-annual, annual and ad-hoc environmental reporting for Asset (internal & external)
- Manage preparation of Environmental Statements for new developments
- Chair onshore Environmental Focus Team meetings involving personnel from various disciplines.
- Trained member of the Oil Spill Response Group in an event of major spill
- Follow up of environmental incidents via Stre@m
- Responsible for the HSE evaluation of contractors during the ITT process and the follow up of any recommendations made during the HSE evaluation
- Contributes to budgets and plans for work activities and assist in cost control
- Provides technical input on contractor / consultant selection in contracts with environmental management element
- Represents Company in industry committees and specialist forums involving legislative authorities and other oil and gas operators
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, i.e. engineering or scientific subject preferably environmental engineering, marine biology or environmental related
- Previous relevant experience
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of country specific environmental legislation and Company Rules
- Approved Environmental Management System Lead Auditor
- Trained in Oil Spill Response
- Trained to lead investigations of significant incidents
- Possess current Offshore Survival Certificate and OGUK medical