Structural / Mobilisation Engineer
Our client is looking for a Structural / Mobilisation Engineer for a permanent position, located in Aberdeen.
Perform all the assigned Subsea Mechanical and Structural technical activities within a project assuring also interfaces with the other people involved in the project for the area of competence.
- Should be able to support on-site operations eg inspections, fabrications, mobilisations etc
- Be able to document design/analysis in the form of written reports and be able to present findings concisely in meetings. Should be able to efficiently communicate design concept to Drafting and other personnel so as to optimise the design and manufacture process.
- Be able to carry out technical design and analysis within their specialist discipline, both at a conceptual and detailed design level, under a level of supervision appropriate too seniority. Have and maintain a good working knowledge of appropriate industry design standards.
- The Engineer executes the activities within his area of responsibility, ensuring the compliance with the QA/QC and HSE
- Review Client technical documentation and requirements
- Maintain project technical files and update company standards
- Control of subcontracted discipline engineering documents
- Perform the engineering activities related with the assigned scope of work within the project
- Ensure the timely availability of t he project documents and the implementation of the comments received by the Client
- Ensure the implementation of the project design changes. Give to the subsea engineering leader the information relevant to the work progress for the preparation of the project control reports
- Cooperate in the preparation of the operative procedures for the integration and testing of the whole electrical chain with the other equipment of the system
- Cooperate with other specialists for the evaluation of the system performance
- Cooperate in the preparation of specifications for subsea electrical chain components installation, test and maintenance
- Prepare and issue the final updating of the technical documents for material purchasing
- Prepare evaluation notes relevant to technical proposals received by suppliers
- Prepare evaluation reports relevant to tests performed by suppliers both during qualification or construction phases
- Assist the subsea engineering leader or the project engineering manager for solving technical problems arising during project development and for interfacing/supporting the procurement department
- Prepare the section of competence of the final reports
- Support the subsea engineering leader for the preparation of project schedules and manhours evaluation
- Participate at the suppliers qualification process
- Cooperate with the subsea engineering leader to support the procurement and fabrication activities
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must be degree qualified to BEng (2:1) or higher
- Must have experienced in an offshore-related role; experience of ROV operations preferred but not mandatory
- Familiar with class requirements eg ABS, DNVGL, LR
- Experience in finite element modelling; STAAD. Pro, NASTRAN preferred as is Inventor, Mathcad and AutoCAD. Orcaflex desirable.