Contracts, cost & planning
Our client is looking for a Surveying Manager for a permanent position, located in Westhill.
- You will report to the Commercial Manager and will act as development surveyor for a limited number of developments in line with company procedures, industry best practice and legal requirements.
- You will play a key role in the budgeting and valuation process, creating and monitoring budgets for sub-contractors and materials, providing cost reports, monitoring prelim, fees, sales and marketing budgets, assisting the Construction, Technical and Sales teams respectively in managing these.
- You will also liaise with the buying function to order and control plant and materials required for projects, including raising sub contract orders as necessary.
- You will be expected to compile accurate actual costs for products built to assist with the generation of land viabilities and appraisals for future developments.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of working in the house building industry is essential.
- You should have a good technical knowledge of Infrastructure works and all other house build trades.
- Knowledge of standard forms of contract is desirable but not essential.
- Teamwork will be a key requirement of the role and you must be able to demonstrate and apply key experience in managing and developing teams with a focus on driving performance whilst maintaining the required culture and environment.
The role will be varied and deadline driven so you should have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to adapt to change and prioritise accordingly whilst still maintaining attention to detail.
- IT skills are a must, with Sitestream (or similar land viability software) experience being preferred as well as Microsoft Office packages.
- Our ideal candidate will have proven verbal, written and listening communication skills with a willingness to understand and appreciate the wider aims of the business.