Systems Engineer (Shutdown)
Our client is looking for a Systems Engineer (Shutdown) for a contract positon, located in Aberdeen.
- This position is an engineer specializing in Systems & Controls who will support the delivery of critical upgrades to the existing ABB Integrated Control and Safety System (ICSS) which will be carried out in 2020 shutdown period.
- The position will be based in Aberdeen. There is a requirement to travel to Contractor offices for activities such as engineering reviews, progress reviews and FAT. Offshore trips to Site will be required for this project.
- Respect Company health and safety policies and objectives and contribute to delivering incident free working.
- Coordinate and control all Systems Engineering activities within the project scope and ensure that they are carried out in accordance with Company procedures, recommendations and statutory requirements.
- Maintain effective communications links with the project team members, Company contacts and key Contractors representative.
- Provide the technical expertise for the project activities.
- Monitor and evaluate the technical aspects and performance of the project Contractors.
- Must have applicable offshore certificates and be willing and able to travel to Site.
- Attendance at project meetings.
- Monitor Contractor performance and provide feedback to Project management.
- Be fully aware of contract requirements and that these are applied to works.
- Review/Approve Contractors deliverables such as design specifications and drawings.
- Identify outstanding design issue.
- Expedite Company technical responses to Contractors technical queries.
- Assist with preparation of technical documentation.
- Review and attend the qualification, FAT and SAT of software and equipment.
- Assist with the preparation of pre commissioning and commissioning procedures.
- Contribute Systems technical knowledge to operational procedures.
- Liaise with Head Office and local Technical Authorities on system engineering topics and issues
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree qualified in numerate discipline engineer.
- FSEng certification.
- Experience of Control and Safety System testing methodologies.
- Significant Systems Engineering experience including preparing and reviewing procedures, specifications and technical reports.
- Member of a Professional Body.
- Network infrastructure design, specification, construction and performance.
- Knowledge of the concerned engineering disciplines: Instrumentation, Topsides Controls, HIPs (High Integrity Protective Systems).
- Offshore Survival and MIST
PROJECT PARTICULAR ASPECTS
- In depth Knowledge of ABB systems and upgrading would be advantageous including:-
- SC400 and AC410 controller migration to 800xA series products.
- 800xA controller system upgrades from Version 5 to Version 6.
- Implementation of cyber security requirements to meet OG86 Specification.
- Design and operation of HMI