Our client is looking for a Technical Assistant for a contract position, located in Aberdeen.
Within a very technically challenging area, the job holder will play an important role in optimising the provision of technical assistance within the Well Services & Completions team. The weekly planning and correct handling of critical data will help ensure the success of operations and long term well integrity. There is an opportunity to apply experience and initiative to improve current document control processes in the department.
- Attend and facilitate the Weekly department Meetings
- Compile the Weekly Reports and interface with Wells report for HQ
- Coordinate and issue weekly intervention planner/Gantt chart. Distribution within Wells.
- Coordinate and issue weekly completion project status document. Distribution within team.
- Onshore personnel weekly movement status / holiday planner
- Support engineers when required in the organisation and facilitation of key meetings, e.g. pre-job workshops, managing the event and subsequent actions as required.
- Proactively ensure critical documents are identified and archived as per document control procedure. Follow well operations ensuring associated well documents are controlled.
- Support well engineers in document management creation and control
- Ensure all well handover documents are correctly compiled, verified, distributed and archived.
- Optimise data management processes
- Administer shared drive.
- Prepare (in conjunction with Engineer) well schematics
- Revise Wells Schematic Drawings following intervention and have verified before distribution.
- Review all current Well Status sheets and have verified before distribution.
- Ensure proper archiving of schematics.
- Give software assistance to other users.
- Support Drilling & Wells department where required including planning scopes and Wellview.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
- This position requires an HND in a technical discipline and appropriate experience in a well services/drilling/completions environment
- Good computer/MS 365 Office skills. Knowledge of archiving, planning, well schematic software and well integrity management software.
- Experience in data and document management
- Fluent spoken and written English compulsory
- Good communication skills and a self-starter.